Welcome to the Port of Portland Police Department Citizen Online Reporting System. Using this online report system allows you to submit a report immediately and print a temporary copy of the police report for free. To file an online police report, the following criteria must apply:
- This is not an emergency.
- This incident occurred within the jurisdiction of the Port of Portland Police Department.
- There are no known suspects.
- This did not occur on a state freeway.
If all of the above apply, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report. If any of the above do not apply, please look at our Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions section.
File a Report
If this is an Emergency please call 503.460.4000.
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words: "Your online report has been submitted" showing that your police report has been initated.
- Be given a temporary case number.
- Be able to print a temporary copy of the report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizen Online Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.
Using the Port of Portland Police Department Citizen Online Reporting System you can report the following types of incidents:
- Hit and Run (non injury)
- Lost Property
Frequently Asked Questions
If your incident is an emergency, call 503.460.4000. If non-emergency, call 503.460.4747.
No, if a crime took place outside of the jurisdiction of the Port of Portland Police Department please call the police department for that city. Please click here
to view the Port of Portland Police Department jurisdiction.
If this took place on a state freeway, please call the state patrol office closest to where the incident occurred.
Oregon State Police Non-Emergency Assistance: 800.442.0776.
Washington State Police Non-Emergency Assistance: 360.449.7999.
A known suspect is when you or someone else knows the person or where to find the person who committed the crime or the license plate number of the vehicle the suspect(s) were in.